25 September 2013

Random Nostalgia

There's a song by Trace Adkins where the chorus goes like this:

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These Are Some Good Times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

I was looking randomly online to see how much 1st generation iPod Nano is going for these days. Because I remember those days. Mine got stolen. It was a 1GB. (LOL) It's so hard to believe it's been 7 years since the iPod Nano 1st generation.



It was my first year of high school. And then I start thinking about how trends have changed over the years, even if minutely.. It made me think of when I was 10, how much fun I had scootin around the neighborhood on one of these:


Those were the days. Get off school, ride down the street to play one of these:

or trade some of these:


Good times, when things were fun and simple. Everyone had GameBoys, instead of iPod Touch or PSP or DS. Because those didn't exist. No one really had computers, laptops were not even cool. Internet was Dial-up and intolerably slow. People had house phones, and sometimes even a Nokia or LG flip phone. With no camera or colour screen. Texting was not even thought of, and people had limited minutes. People had pagers still. And most people had to remember everyone's phone number because there wasn't a contacts app except on mobile phones. And even then, many people didn't even use it because they remembered the numbers anyway.

LOL I am so old.

I remember when VCRs were the latest and greatest. And when DVDs first started being cool. And CDs. And now look. None of those things are even relevant. Blu-Ray and digital downloads are the latest.

But yeah. I feel like I'm getting so old now. I'm only 22, but sometimes I just feel old. And remember the good times of when I was a kid. Not that times now are bad. Just different.

I swear time is accelerating. Anyone else notice that? The older you get, the faster time goes and seems to pass you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment