18 August 2013

Hello, World!

Hey everybody what's up? 

I just figured I'd check out Blogger again to see what's going on and maybe get back into the blogging scene a little bit. So this will be a place to organise my random rants. Feel free to comment and discuss. Just know I won't put up with trolls.

Some random stuff about me:

  • I'm 22, male, straight and happily taken. 6'1", ~200lb
  • From Baltimore, now living near Houston.
  • I don't smoke or drink. I have before but not anymore. It's not really as cool as the manufacturers force us to believe.
  • I'm a big fan of languages, science, maths, and tech. Therefore, I'm a nerd. Or something. 
  • I love Sci-Fi. James Cameron's AVATAR and Doctor Who. 
  • Generally speaking, I'm on #TeamGoogle and/or #TeamAndroid. But I don't hate on Apple. Not seriously, anyway. 
  • I'm always on Social Media checkin stuff out. Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, and Facebook. (Not the biggest fan of Facebook, but I'm kinda stuck using it.)
  • I'm a Linux user and support Free and Open Source software. 
  • Speaking of which, though I'm not particularly amazing, I like to write code. I know Java, XML (I like to play with Android sometimes), Python, Javascript, and a little of some others. They're all interesting.
  • As for spoken languages, I'm only truly fluent in English, But my Na'vi (from AVATAR) is pretty good (seriously. I love teaching it to people. It's actually easy. Nerdy to the max, I know, but whatever) and in general, I can understand German. I'm familiar with some stuff in other languages too, like alphabets of Russian, Korean and Greek. I need to brush up on Japanese. And then actually learn it. I can also understand Spanish, but for some reason can't speak it very well these days. 
  • I want to travel the world but I'm broke.
  • Just because I think tech is kinda cool does not mean that I think nature is uncool; I totally think nature is beautiful and fascinating. I like green stuff. Going green whenever possible is cool.
  • I totally appreciate wide varieties of art both visual and auditory though I cannot create super awesome stuff myself. Or at least I think so anyway. My girl begs to differ.
  • I play guitar and a little bass. I have a history of hard rock and metal, but I like the soothing stuff too. Especially these days. I guess I'm either getting old, or mellowing out or both. meh.
  • Modern stuff is cool, but I respect the classics.
  • Not too keen on sports. I'm also terrible at every single one I've ever played. Might have something to do with it.
  • I'm almost always calm and chill. I'm not much for violence. Or hate. I'm just not a violent or hateful guy. Equal Rights supporter. 
  • I consistently wear jeans and T-shirts. Sometimes I go crazy and do cargo and Polo. I don't actually care what I look like or wear as much as other people do, or as I should, probably. Oh well.
  • I've got TL;DR syndrome. 
  • This post is getting kinda long
Okey so some of these things will get their own posts or series later on. Hopefully I'll find the time to post things here. I may come off as a bit ranty, but that's just natural for me. I'm not holding back. And yes this is how I actually talk in real life. Anyways, that's about enough ranting for today, I think you guys get the general idea here. Seeya around. Hopefully on Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment